Saturday, August 8, 2009

NEW ELT LINKS THAT WILL BRING YOUR CLASS TO LIFE


Sometimes classes can get pretty dull and boring at times. Does your class need some waking up? I have discovered some fun websites that will help the English teacher put laughter in the class.

1. Engrish.com

This is a funny website which features different signs gone bad. Warning: laugh at your own risk!

2. English Whirled Wide

You need to access Facebook and Twitter to view this humorous page. It includes funny videos, pictures of wrong signs, and notes that would certainly tickle your funny bone. My personal favorite is the Students' Exam Answers.

3. Break Free

This one is not exactly an ELT website but a Youth Ministry site. However, the Powerpoint games are a feast for the English teacher. There are some powerpoints for motivation, trivia, vocabulary and speaking. I love the Mad Gab powerpoint which I use to teach pronunciation.

If you have some other interesting websites which you want to add, feel free to post your comments. :)



For Further Reading,
motivation, teaching

2 comments:

 

Woman Behind A Teacher's Odyssey

My name is Miracel Juanta and I write ATeachersOdyssey to help students and teachers create better English. I have been in the teaching profession for more than 10 years. My field of expertise includes ESL,IELTS,TOEFL,Business English etc. If you have questions about English, feel free to email me at msjuanta@yahoo.com or add my twitter @msjuanta.