Sunday, July 19, 2009

MORE IELTS WRITING TIPS FOR STUDENTS


This post is an addendum to Alex Case's entry IELTS Academic Writing Tips for Students. I have decided to write this article due to the great response that I got from the IELTS Writing Makeover.
I think that most students' problem is in the area of organization. They don't know how to begin their essay. Other common issues are spelling, subject-verb agreement, tense consistency, punctuation and prepositions.

Ultimately, it will take a lot of practice before one gets the desired band score. Alex gave some valuable links for students to work on. He also included important tips for test takers to remember when writing their IELTS essays.

Here are some other good links for you to check out:

IELTS Writing Master
Dave Kees outlines the proper way of writing the Task 2 essay. His template is very easy to do.

Writefix
Writefix has a step-by-step approach which students can easily follow. It has also a section on how to describe graphs for the IELTS Academic Task 1 essay.

IELTS Writing Samples
You will find here sample essays in both Academic and General Training.

So what do you find most difficult about the IELTS writing? Do share with us your experience. I would love to hear from you.

Tags: ,


For Further Reading,
IELTS, writing

4 comments:

 

Woman Behind A Teacher's Odyssey

My name is Miracel Juanta and I write ATeachersOdyssey to help students and teachers create better English. I have been in the teaching profession for more than 10 years. My field of expertise includes ESL,IELTS,TOEFL,Business English etc. If you have questions about English, feel free to email me at msjuanta@yahoo.com or add my twitter @msjuanta.