Wednesday, May 13, 2009

AUSTRALIA RAISES IELTS SCORE FOR 457 TRADES AND CHEFS


Effective April 22, 2009, Australian IELTS band score requirement for 457 trade and chef applicants has been changed from 4.5 to 5. The score was raised to protect workers from possible exploitation.

This is bad news for chefs and tradesmen who want to work in Australia. They have to work harder to pass the IELTS. However, I do agree with the change. Chefs should have at least a modest level of English. They work in hotels and may have a chance to interact with other foreigners. If they have a moderate level of English, giving instructions especially in cooking and ordering ingredients would be easier.

For more information on this news, you can visit Migration Expert.


For Further Reading,
IELTS

0 comments:

 

Woman Behind A Teacher's Odyssey

My name is Miracel Juanta and I write ATeachersOdyssey to help students and teachers create better English. I have been in the teaching profession for more than 10 years. My field of expertise includes ESL,IELTS,TOEFL,Business English etc. If you have questions about English, feel free to email me at msjuanta@yahoo.com or add my twitter @msjuanta.