Thursday, April 30, 2009

5 BEST ENGLISH WEBSITES THAT YOU MUST DIGG


As a teacher, I am always on the lookout for ways to motivate my students better. I look for interesting powerpoints, icebreakers, worksheets, activities and lesson plans for my English class. I would like to share with you some of the best English websites that I have found.

  1. English Banana

    I have found here great worksheets for grammar and speaking. They give away free e-books that are loaded with activities. I especially like their e-book on speaking, Talk A Lot.

  2. Efl4U.com
    If you are looking for creative ESL and EFL worksheets, then you will love Efl4U.com. I don't like giving boring grammar worksheets. I love using their worksheets because they are practical and they have themes such as restaurants, love, superheroes, etc.

  3. Dave's ESL Café
    Dave's ESL Café is more famous for its forums and job boards. But my favorite section of the website is the Idea Box. This is where I get ideas for motivating students.

  4. Isabel's ESL Site
    I love using songs in my English class. That's why I run to Isabel's ESL Site to get songs that I can use in teaching grammar points and vocabulary.

  5. Outta Ray's Head
    This is my number one resource for teaching literature. The activities here are cool and unique. I got my teaching ideas here in teaching Macbeth.

I'm still looking for other great English websites and I want to seek your help. So I want to ask this question back to you, what is the best English website for you? How did it help improve your lessons? I hope to hear some feedback from you.




For Further Reading,
best in the web, English

10 comments:

 

Woman Behind A Teacher's Odyssey

My name is Miracel Juanta and I write ATeachersOdyssey to help students and teachers create better English. I have been in the teaching profession for more than 10 years. My field of expertise includes ESL,IELTS,TOEFL,Business English etc. If you have questions about English, feel free to email me at msjuanta@yahoo.com or add my twitter @msjuanta.