Thursday, April 2, 2009

THE MORNING BANANA EXPERIMENT


There's this diet craze going on in Japan called the "morning banana diet." The premise of this diet is that you only eat bananas for breakfast, then you can eat a normal lunch and dinner. Sounds simple, doesn't it? Japan's opera singer Kumiko Mori subjected herself to the diet and she claimed that she lost 15 pounds in 6 weeks of eating bananas.

What's the theory behind the bananas? How could it help one lose weight? Well, bananas contain a resistant starch which initiates fat burning. Moreover, they contain enzymes which aid in digestion.

What I like about this diet compared to South Beach, Atkins, after 6pm diet is that it is doable. You just need discipline. Another reason is that you don't have to prepare a lot. Bananas are cheap and easy to buy. More importantly, you don't have to deprive yourself of foods that you like to eat.

So I'm up for the challenge. I will try out this diet. All diets have rules. This one is no exception. These are the rules that I'm going to follow:

1. I will sip water not drink a lot to bring food down.
2. I will avoid sweets during meal times. (This one I think is an extra challenge for me.)
3. I will avoid milk.
4. I will sleep before midnight.
5. I will only drink water.

If you want more information about the diet, you can visit Morning Banana.


For Further Reading,
diet, morning banana

0 comments:

 

Woman Behind A Teacher's Odyssey

My name is Miracel Juanta and I write ATeachersOdyssey to help students and teachers create better English. I have been in the teaching profession for more than 10 years. My field of expertise includes ESL,IELTS,TOEFL,Business English etc. If you have questions about English, feel free to email me at msjuanta@yahoo.com or add my twitter @msjuanta.