Saturday, April 25, 2009

LOVE IS TWITTER THE 2ND TIME AROUND


I have a confession to make. I'm now a certified Twitter-holic. It wasn't really love at first sight. The first time I heard about Twitter, I thought to myself that it was redundant. I can use my Facebook to update my status. I didn't see the point of micro-blogging. What can you say in just two or three sentences?

But things have changed. I had an Aha moment. After testing the waters, I got hooked. I became obsessed with getting followers. I got overwhelmed by the people trying to follow me. My inbox was always full. I always monitored my twitter rank through Twitterholic. I was so happy to find out that I'm already on the top 50 in the Philippines. I downloaded the Tweetdeck to organize my tweets. It was a very cool application and you can update your status directly to Facebook.

What made the change of heart? I had misconceptions about Twitter and I'm writing this post to help correct those preconceived notions. Twitter is already big and it will become bigger. If you're not yet part of it, you're missing a lot.

These are the things that you can do with Twitter:
1. You can use it to promote your website, blog and products
2. You can increase your network especially in your field
3. You have access to thousands of free and valuable information
4. You get the latest news the moment that they happen
5. You can participate in meaningful conversations

So what are you waiting for? Add me now @msjuanta. I look forward to your tweets. :)


For Further Reading,
social media

2 comments:

 

Woman Behind A Teacher's Odyssey

My name is Miracel Juanta and I write ATeachersOdyssey to help students and teachers create better English. I have been in the teaching profession for more than 10 years. My field of expertise includes ESL,IELTS,TOEFL,Business English etc. If you have questions about English, feel free to email me at msjuanta@yahoo.com or add my twitter @msjuanta.